Recommendation: A focused discovery on new taxi driver applications
The first discovery focused on understanding the wider services and opportunities, and the potential for standardisation across councils. Using these insights, we recommend a follow-on discovery to provide specific direction for an alpha project.
During the service scoping workshop, stakeholders found more opportunities (and more benefits) to improve the new taxi driver application process compared to vehicle licensing.
Resolving many aspects of the new driver application process will improve related services such as renewals. It will pave the way for improvements to vehicle and operator licences.
In the meantime
- upskill content design and strategy
- joint content review and re-write content
- learn from each other, using journey maps
- showcase learnings internally and nationally
- local improvements to internal process (for example, safeguarding at Gateshead)